Terms and Conditions
It is understood that undertaking our services may involve certain unpredictable risks and dangers. These include but are not limited to:
- Dangers relating to travel on gravel roads, rivers and walking in the rainforest.
- Dangers relating to travel by car, bus, boat, canoe, rafts, bicycle, or any other means of conveyance.
- Accidents, accidental death or illness in remote regions with basic or no medical facilities and without means of paid evacuation beyond Puerto Maldonado.
- Accidents caused by forces of nature.
- Dangers relating to wild or domestic animals, insects and arachnids or toxic plants.
- Extreme weather conditions.
- Changes in itinerary or cancellation of the rainforest experience due to reasons beyond our control.
Tambopata Travel E.I.R.L. acts strictly as an agent for the service provider and assumes no liability for any injury, damage, loss, accident or delay during the service period. Likewise, no liability or responsibility is assumed for any losses or expenses incurred due to delays, changes in services by air, water or land, illness, strikes or other actions, weather, legal or other claims, costs and fees, or other reasons. Any such expenses will need to be borne by the client. For this reason it is recommended that you take out comprehensive travel insurance covering trip delays, medical expenses and emergency assistance, accidental death, baggage loss or delay and any other eventualities.
All participants should be in good health. If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure, weight-related problems or any other medical conditions which may affect your capacity to undertake our activities, please consult your physician before travelling. By participating in our experiences and activities you undertake to assume responsibility for the evaluation of your health status as well as assuming and bearing the costs of any eventualities resulting from your medical condition.
By undertaking this rainforest experience and associated activities, you do so voluntarily and after considering and in spite of any risks involved.
The service operator reserves the right to modify the itinerary of your tour if air schedule or surface transportation changes and/or events beyond their control, local weather or other conditions make such changes necessary. Any unused portion of package is non refundable after commencement of trip.
Each participant/passenger is responsible for ensuring that all travel documents (e.g. passports, visas, vaccination certificates etc.) are valid and effective.
On booking you will be asked for the following details which are taken as accurate and Tambopata Travel E.I.R.L. cannot be held responsible for any misinformation on the part of the client:
- Full Name as it appears on your passport
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Physical and postal address
- Special dietary requirements (we gladly cater for vegetarians)
- Allergies (we will endeavour to minimise your contact with any foods to which you have allergies, but, for example, peanuts are used in many Peruvian dishes and virtually invisible residue may be present in some instances – we therefore strongly recommend that you always bring along any necessary medication for your specific allergy)
- An emergency email or telephone contact
- Flight details
By purchasing your rainforest experience you assume full responsibility for all of the above.
Rates are per person in the type of room specified and are valid until the end of the month that the booking is made.
A park entry fee applies to Tambopata Research Center and Refugio Amazonas programs.
Full payment of the amount invoiced is necessary to confirm your reservation.
Due to the costs involved to make credit card payments in Peru, we have two preferred payment methods:
- Western Union. This is our preferred payment method as it results in the least cost for both parties. Please ask for details as to the method of transfer & payee name.
- Payment by electronic fund transfer (EFT) only, to the bank account supplied.
The rate quoted does not include any international banking fees, these need to be borne by the client and cannot be assumed by Tambopata Travel E.I.R.L. as we already pay payment reception fees for each transfer. Intermediary bank charges for electronic transfers to Peru may vary between US$35 and US$70, please enquire about these with your bank and add the necessary amount to your transfer when making payment. Banks often do not inform their clients about these fees & the only way we find out is when a payment is received missing the intermediary banking fee. It may be possible to request a net amount payment. If your payment should be received short by a substantial amount, we can arrange to meet in Cusco to make up the difference.
Credit card payments: For clients wishing to pay by credit card we can process your payment online using a secure unique link. Due to credit card fees in Peru, this requires an additional fee of 4% to be added to your total cost.
Once you send your payment you should inform Tambopata Travel E.I.R.L by e-mail with all your payment details to help us secure your reservation.
Cancellations made 45 days or more before the departure date will be refunded in full, minus a 20% administrative fee.
Cancellations made less than 45 days before the departure date will not be refunded.
If you do not arrive for your paid and booked rainforest experience you are liable for full payment and no refund will be given.
You are therefore advised to take out travel and medical insurance covering any cancellation eventuality.