Forest tree giants over fifty metres in height, world records for the numbers of birds, butterflies and dragonflies amongst others, seven species of monkeys, intact populations of endangered species such as the giant river otter (Pteronura brasiliensis), jaguar (Panthera onca), black caiman (Melanosuchus niger) and harpy eagle (Harpia harpyja) – they're all here.
- Access to unspoilt rainforest all year round with regular departures.
- Daily flights between Cusco or Lima and Puerto Maldonado.
- Comfortable lodges designed to maximise your experience.
- Opportunities to interact with both nature and local communities, learning while making a real contribution towards conservation.
- Special activities for children.
- Quality services.
- Excellent wildlife viewing and photographic opportunities.
- Shorter trips to cater for those time-strapped travellers.
- Full service from your arrival in Puerto Maldonado to your transfer back to Puerto Maldonado airport at the end of your program.
- Variety of activities on offer.
- Reliable operators with extensive experience in the area.
- A genuine rainforest experience in some of the most biodiverse surroundings on the planet.
The Tambopatatravel.com Difference
Here you won't find tours or programs to all different parts of Peru or elsewhere, tambopatatravel.com specialises in Tambopata and only Tambopata utilising in-depth knowledge to give you the best rainforest experience possible.
Experience. You will be dealing with someone with extensive experience in Tambopata and Peru who was once, as you now are, planning his first and subsequent trips to Tambopata. Someone who can easily put himself in your shoes and can view the rainforest from your perspective. Someone who only offers rainforest programs with the best service providers chosen for their reliability, infrastructure, competence, variety of activities and location in unspoilt rainforest.
Personal Service. You will be dealing with an actual person rather than just filling in a standardised website template and getting an automated response.
All your questions answered. Feel free to ask me anything you like about any aspect of the experiences on offer and Tambopata in general.
No additional cost. Prices are the same as those offered by the tour operators themselves.
Passion. I genuinely want you to have the best experience possible so that you can share it with others and thereby help towards the conservation of the irreplaceable and enigmatic rainforest.